Wednesday 12 January 2011

Personal project ideas

For my personal project I want to make a children's picture book. I decided I wanted to do this because I really enjoyed reading them when i was younger and would love to be able to create my own. I am especially interested in the illustrations, I think every author and illustrator has their own unique style of illustrating and I want to look at many different styles and see how i could use and adapt them in my picture book. I am going to start my project by looking at various practitioners who create children's picture books and research 5 that particularly catch my eye.

After this i am going to experiment with a plot and story board some of my ideas then look at characters and eventually try different styles of illustration out on them that i will have found from my research. I am thinking of using animals as characters in my book so i am going o go to a farm and a zoo to take pictures of interesting animals that i could maybe illustrate for my book.

I also think its important for me to chose a message to portray to children in my book; many picture books have messages in them such as safety messages like not to play with fire or about general growing up for example going to school and respecting people and the world around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment